Friday, December 23, 2011

HOLIDAY GREETINGS!

 

christmasbanner

From myself and the Navigator, please accept our best wishes for a Joyous and Merry Christmas and a  Happy Hanukkah. We hope that your lives are blessed in many, many ways in 2012!

My fellow rider, Paul Casper, has been busy as shown by this photo of his hand built wooden bike!

PaulCasperBike01

(Beautiful wooden bike contains multiple types of wood)

I knew that Paul was a talented photographer but I didn’t know that he was a talented wood-worker. Click on the image above to be taken to his photo gallery for close up images of this beauty of a bike…

Normally, this time of year, I would be compiling a list of cycling goals achieved or not achieved. At the moment, I’m fighting a body invading virus of some sort that has my head feeling like a stuffed piñata just waiting for someone to break it open. I doubt many “goodies” would come out if that were to happen. So, I’m going to keep this one short and sweet and simply hope to convey my thanks to those folks, who take a few moments to read my scribblings and especially to those who return for more.

I occasionally get asked why I pursue this venture and I can truthfully say that it helps keep me motivated to get out and ride and to enjoy the bounty of the land. I also find that through this blog, I’ve made friends and acquaintances that I would not otherwise have enjoyed. I find inspiration in the stories of Aaron West, the world of ultra light touring from the VeloHobo, and specifically the writings of Kent “Mountain Turtle” Peterson. For a wonderful Christmas story, be sure to read his latest offering “Santa Is Just As Real As Bigfoot.” There are, of course, others who have directly or indirectly nourished me as I try to find words and stories of interest. Jim Artis, Cycling Experiences, offered much help and many suggestions three years ago as I started out on this little adventure, Bro Dave, whom I’ve discovered was into cycling much earlier than I was, and others, who have been kind enough to post comments and share information with me. To each of you, I say a heartfelt “Thank you!”

I’ll end with the finish from my favorite childhood Christmas story, “Merry Christmas to All and To All A Good Night!”

- Zeke

6 comments:

Kent Peterson said...

Merry Christmas Zeke,

I hope your 2012 is filled with all the best kinds of adventures.

Kent

Unknown said...

Thank you! I hope you and Christina have a great year as well! I'll look forward to more stories about your travels!

- Zeke

michele said...

Merry Christmas Zeke and Mrs. Navigator. And thank you for sharing such a beautifully made bikes. Another one for my file of "rides I'd like to try".

Jack said...

Happy Holidays Zeke. One of my 2012 resolutions is to get us together for a ride. ~ Jack

Unknown said...

..and a belated Merry Christmas to you as well! Sorry for the delay in response. I've been "under the weather" as they say...

I thought Paul did a great job on the bike. I'm looking forward to seeing it "live." He swears it rides smoother than his Surly!

- Zeke

Unknown said...

Right Back at ya! Jack! I hope you had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. A ride in 2012 sounds like a plan to me!

- Zeke