Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pleasant Afternoon Ride Ends Long, Long Day!

 

A fine Tuesday spent enjoying Team Astana’s Team Time Trial ride and seeing LA back at the front led to a very enjoyable post work ride with the “Wood-Man” and the “Big J.”  This little ride was a 16 miler looping around Poison Cove Gap, Clyde NC, Hyder Mountain Rd, Lake Junaluska and then back to Rolls Rite Bike shop where we started. “Big J” is getting his legs back after a number of years out of the saddle and is picking up steam each ride. The “Wood-Man” was a good companion to have along today and to push us harder than we would probably have pushed ourselves. A few images follow…

 

 

For those who care about such, I mounted my wife’s Canon Powershot SD880 IS on my handlebar mount and just snapped away when the mood hit. All in all, given that I couldn’t focus and was generally just shooting straight ahead, the little camera seems to have performed well. I didn’t even realize I had slacked off on the images until I got home and downloaded them!

It has been a LONG day since my post this morning at 5:30 a.m. I think I’ll grab a bite to eat and call it a day… Hopefully, I will sleep through the night tonight!

Until later,

- Zeke

No comments: