Friday, June 4, 2010

OUR INTREPID TRAVELLERS ON THE MOVE!

Friday, June 4th @ 9:18 EDT update:

 

Mountain Turtle Logo (Hasten Slowly!)

After stopping for the night around 12:30 a.m. EDT, Kent “Mountain Turtle” Peterson is on the move again. He appears to be riding the Iron Horse Trail just now approaching the John Wayne Pioneer Trail. Follow along on Kent’s journey to the beginning of the Great Divide Race by checking his SPOT shared page.

Meanwhile, our friend and soon-to-be east coast tourer, Jim Artis, is in Charlotte, NC picking up his fantastic quadricycle, Fargo. Final setup and prep for Jim’s departure is now in high gear. The Tour of Discovery: Ride for the Republic kicks off from the top of Cadillac Mountain in Bar Harbor, ME on June 14th! Follow this tour at Cycling Experiences! SPOT tracking and live streaming, when available, will be posted on this site as will numerous daily updates from the road!

Until later,

- Zeke

8 comments:

Jim Artis said...

Thanks Zeke,

I'm currently busy with setup. I want to be finished before my graphics appointment at 9:00 a.m. EDT Monday, 0607.

I appreciate all the information you give your readers about my endeavors. I'll do my best to provide lots of info & pictures, even so video [you'll catch some live, if you want].

More on my setup later today...

Jim

Unknown said...

I'm happy to make the links! It is very interesting to me and I had a number of questions at Rotary yesterday and comments about Fargo!

Nick called this morning and was talking about Fargo and how impressed he was with the HPV.

We'll look forward to more! I still want to see how you got it out of the van! :)

Zeke

Jim Artis said...

I cannot show, but I'll tell. I had a friend come over. We pulled it almost all the way out [6" remaining in the van] and then lowered that end to the ground. Alma then drove the van forward, as we lifted the box, until the box was clear of the van. Next, we lowered that end to the ground. The last step was to return the box to an upright position. Job done [3 minutes]. --jim

Jim Artis said...

Pleas tell Nick, I appreciate his interest. Thanks! --jim

Unknown said...

Sounds like you took it out with much less effort than in it took to get it in the van. I'm guessing you had some lumber, for some future use, left over from the crate. It looked to be a pretty good sized crate and you've already remarked on the superb packing job done by UT.

Zeke

Jim Artis said...

The crate will possibly be Fargo's dawg-house. ;)

Unknown said...

Ah, now I see you're building in recycling to the overall project! :)

Zeke

Jim Artis said...

That is a good way to put it...