Thursday, June 10, 2010

FARGO DECLARED FINISHED!

 

Fargo logo

Jim Artis, owner of super HPV (quad) Fargo, has just posted the finished images of Fargo with his amazing technological trailer now connected. Images have just been posted at Cycling Experiences!

It has been awhile since we’ve mentioned the trailer so you might want to review posts on this Artis created mobile power source. Let me suggest that you backtrack in your reading to some of the original posts regarding the trailer build. I really see Fargo and the trailer as a unified entity that without considering their relationship will leave you with only a partial understanding of what Jim has created.

Jim is less than 48 hours away from his departure for Bar Harbor, ME and the Flag Day start of Tour of Discovery: Ride for the Republic. There will be many opportunities for following this adventure including daily updates on Cycling Experiences, this blog, and other media.

As for me…

It goes without saying (but I guess I’m saying it anyway…) how jealous I am of this great upcoming tour for Rafael Giraldo and Jim as they touch base with each of the 13 original colonies. It isn’t out of the realm of possibility that I might get to catch up to them for a day or two of riding on their journey. I sure hope it comes to pass!

At the moment however, my ride is getting some loving care from my LBS. After getting sucked into a deep pothole on Monday of this week, my bike developed an odd crunching sound when I mashed down on the left crank. Thus far, I’ve been unable to replicate the issue but we’re going over the bike and checking the cranks, clips, and bottom bracket to be certain that I didn’t experience damage to my Fuji. I hope to pick “her” up later today just in time for the afternoon rain…

Until later,

- Zeke

3 comments:

Jim Artis said...

Speaking of rain...

Check my article published in the last 10 minutes […and then the rain came]. The next 72 hours are going to be most interesting. Thanks for all the excitement here. Back to working on the final 1%. Plus, I need to towel off the moisture.

Thanks Zeke!

I hope your bike id okay...

Jim

Michele said...

I know what you mean Zeke. Don't you just want to show up at Jims door and announce, "Can I ride Fargo too?" But I am looking forward to all the pictures and videos to come. It will truly be an adventure for everyone.

PS...hope you get your bike back soon

Unknown said...

Yes, I would love to be able to give it a go. I'm really looking forward to the video of Fargo moving down the road.

I did get my bike back and all is well. Turns out my cleats are shot, especially on my left foot. :) Guess there is a trip to the LBS tomorrow!

Thank you for the visit!

Zeke