Friday, February 12, 2010

IT WAS SO HOT IN AUSTRALIA…

So, how hot was it, you ask? Koala’s were begging water due to the extreme heat. The 120 degree caused some unusual behaviors. I don’t know who to credit these images too so I’ll just send out a BIG THANK YOU!

 

clip_image001[4]

clip_image001

A visitor looking for a cool place finds one!

clip_image001[6]

clip_image001[8]

clip_image001[10]

Stay cool! Well, unless you live in the mid-Atlantic and then you may want to warm up! By the way, we are currently up to 1.5” of new snow in the last hour here in Western North Carolina (Friday, February 12th at 15:15).

Until later,

- Zeke

3 comments:

Jim Artis said...

Does this story make you feel warmer? It's a cute story. Amazing...

Jim

Unknown said...

I'll certainly admit that the "cuteness" factor is what wowed me. :) I don't know much about Koalas so I don't know if they will approach humans normally or not. Somehow, picturing an opposum or armadillo doing this isn't quite the same "cuteness factor".

Zeke

Jim Artis said...

With that, I agree...