Monday, December 7, 2009

BRO DAVID TAKES THE CAKE

In breaking news from Fayetteville, David “Blue Ridge” Yount was the winning pick in Cycling Experiences 100K contest. Jim Artis, blogmeister and owner of Cycling Experiences has been running a contest to see what date and time his blog would receive the 100,000th visitor. Well, that happened just moments ago.

Yount’s selected date of December 4th at 5:01.10 p.m. was the closest to the actual winning time. Yount donated his winnings of $100.00 to Artis’s favorite charity, which in this case turned out NOT to be moi but the Rails To Trails Conservancy – Southeast Region.

DY_WinningImage

Now living in the Los Angeles area, Yount is a native of Waynesville NC where he was one of the last student athletes to letter in 4 sports at Tuscola High School. Following graduation, he matriculated at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC where he received a full football scholarship. He earned the starting wide receiver job as a freshman and held that position until a back injury cut short his playing career in his sophomore season. He completed his Communication Arts degree in 3 years and entered the field of cable TV communications following employment with WYFF in Greenville, SC where he travelled with the Clemson athletic teams.

Upon moving to Los Angeles with his wife Kimberly, he travelled the world shooting video and producing film for the Children’s Miracle Network. He later became head cameraman at the NBC affiliate in Los Angeles. He moved to the FOX network and worked in both the sports and children’s programming arenas until the birth of his daughter brought about a need for more family time. He continues to work with FOX in production and enjoys time spent with daughter Lizbeth and wife Kimberly. He spends time on the trails and in the hills near his home on his RANS Dynamik Crank Forward bicycle.

Good picking, my man!

Until later,

- Zeke

5 comments:

Jim Artis said...

Very nice article. Now I know even more about David. Thanks! --jim

Unknown said...

Thanks! I left some stuff out because I wasn't sure of the facts. He's had an interesting life with, to me, some good stories to tell. At one time, his Sunday work for FOX Sports entailed sitting in front of a bank of monitors and watching EVERY game that they were broadcasting. The on-site directors would tell him what footage they wanted for the half time shows and he would be responsible for cutting it in and putting together that information for Terry, Howie, and crew. This was in the days of videotape. He works (I think) exclusively with digital and digital HD stuff now.

- Zeke

Jim Artis said...

That is exciting stuff. You might guess that I have a bit of interest in TV. I just wish I had the equipment suited to the task. I'm delighted to learn all this additional information about you brother. Thanks for sharing. --jim

Unknown said...

Hi,

I'm happy to do it. I wish I understood what he does better and I work in IT! :) It would really help my blogging skill development substantially if I could get a better handle on the video editing and he knows that up one side and down the other. One difference between us though is his strong support of MAC progducts while I definitely fall into the PC camp! :)

- Zeke

Jim Artis said...

Me too. My computer service market dictated my interest. jaa