Tuesday, December 15, 2009

THOSE CRAZY MIT KIDS ARE AT IT AGAIN!

The students of MIT have released their latest research project in Copenhagen at the Climate Change Conference. They have developed a bicycle wheel that stores kinetic energy when braking and then releases the energy back to the rider when needed, say for example, on a long climb. Additionally, the wheel can even recognize your friends when they are around and track multiple data variables through an iPhone. I did not see mention of the RIM Blackberry platform or whether it would be included.  For more information, CLICK HERE!

For images of the wheel, CLICK HERE!

Maybe you can start dropping hints for a Christmas present for 2010!

Until later,

- Zeke

2 comments:

Jim Artis said...

Thanks for the find. Did you watch the video? Technology is always interesting to me. --jim

Unknown said...

Hi,

Yes, I did watch the video. I thought of you when it mentioned the iPhone! :) I forgot exactly where I found this article but I do recall it was a link on a page I would not have associated with cycling. It turned out well though!

- Zeke